Login

Sean,looking at your latest portfolio, should we then start to unload SLV ?

No. If you're up 20%+ on any former positions (with the exceptions of GLD, SLV, PPLT, ULE or FXC), then I'd consider selling all of them. And I'd do that asap without delay. Any others that you're up on and want to sell you can. Just don't sell one of those companies at a loss since its typically not necessary to do so.

Hello Sean, thank you for all of your great help but why would we sell all of our old investments if we are over 20% up when the targets are still a good ways away and there is much more money to be made. Please help me to understand. For instance, TUR am up 22%, current price is $45 and target is $56-66, MBT am up 58%, current price $12 and target is $15-18, DO am up 60%, current price is $17 and target is $40-41. Please help, I am super confused about this in particular. Andy

Because there's a looming sell-off that could be one of the biggest in modern-day history and that could possibly put a huge dent in those present returns, in the near- to medium-term. Long-term, I still believe they reach those targets, but there's no need to erase (and not capture) 20%+ gains and then have to regain them all over again at a future date. Additionally, the sales will provide more cash to capture values during the downturn. Also, out-sized gains, if not captured, tend to erode away back to a market average return over time.

Congrats on the gains. You may want to consider selling them while you have those enormous gains.

You're welcome.

I would like to mention that TUR is a Turkish ETF. MBT is a Russian stock. DO is American. I would sell DO buy why the other ones, since they are foreign ETFs & stock? I'm currently waiting for a pullback on OGZPY and then I will buy it again.

That's a good question and you could throw MBT in there as well. But, I can answer part of it, and that is to capture great profits and to raise cash for future picks. Also, Sean has said if you want to keep the stock, only cash out half.

I should say, Sean has suggested...haha

Regardless of where they're based out of, if you're up 20%+ or more (besides those exceptions I named), I'd consider selling the former positions and raising cash levels big-time.

earlier I thought you had CEO in the "keep" bin. Is that now moved to sell?

It's all relative to where you bought and how much you're up. If you're up 20%+, I'd consider selling. If you're not up on it, I'd consider holding it. If you're up only some, then you could do either. Keep in mind, this stock is way away from its 200-day moving average now AND its 200-week moving average. So even though its uptrend likely continues, it first will likely have a massive % pullback towards these averages before heading into the next advancing wave.

Stories